Ad Crucem Agnus Dei Seasonal Banners Complete Set of 14
This set of seven pairs of Agnus Dei Banners is multi-season - available for every church year event. The lambs and cross pattern remain the same, while the season colors change. The colors included are Advent blue; Gaudete / Laetare Rose Pink; Gold and White for major festivals; Green for Epiphany and Ordinary Time; Violet for Lent or Advent; Black for Ash Wednesday, Maundy Thursday and Good Friday; Red for Pentecost, Reformation, Installation/Ordination, Palm Sunday. If you prefer to add Scarlet for Palm Sunday, please contact Ad Crucem.
AGNUS DEI SACRIFICIAL
The first reference to God providing a Lamb is found in Genesis 22 when Abraham went to the mountain of Moriah to sacrifice Isaac. At that time, a ram was caught in the thicket with a crown of thorns, but it pointed to the Lamb of God, our Lord Jesus Christ.
In John 1, John the Baptizer declares upon seeing Jesus, "Behold, the Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world."
AGNUS DEI VICTORIOUS
In a loud voice they were saying:
“Worthy is the Lamb, who was slain,
to receive power and wealth and wisdom and strength
and honor and glory and praise!”
Then I heard every creature in heaven and on earth and under the earth and on the sea, and all that is in them, saying:
“To him who sits on the throne and to the Lamb
be praise and honor and glory and power,
for ever and ever!”
The four living creatures said, “Amen,” and the elders fell down and worshiped.
Heavyweight poplin fabric that is very durable and fully hemmed with two pole pockets at the top and bottom. It retains its vibrant color and shape whilst also being abrasion, chlorine, and pilling resistant over many years, primarily if handled with care. This fabric may be hand washed and steamed.
- Using a 1 1/8 dowel for the pole pockets at the top and bottom is recommended.
- Dowels are readily available from any of the home improvement stores, such as Ace Hardware. Select straight dowels!
- Sanding with 320-grit sandpaper will prevent any snagging when you slide the dowels into the pole pockets.
- Cut the dowels to the width of the selected banner.
- Insert self-tapping stainless steel eye screws at each end - 3/32" x 7/8" should be adequate.
- Hang the banners with 2.5 mm paracord in a color that most closely matches the hanging wall.
- After cutting the paracord to size, quickly burn the ends with a lighter to prevent fraying.
- Knot the paracord to the eyelets and adjust the length until both banners hang at the same height.