Ad Crucem Pentecost 2 Banner Set
* Available in 2 different sizes, 6' or 9' banners. Choose the size preferred below.
SET OF 2 BANNERS FEATURING SYMBOLS OF THE PENTECOST
Pentecost Banner 1
The Holy Spirit is portrayed as a Dove (See Luke 3), descending upon believers. The Fruits of the Spirit are listed (See Galatians 5), and tongues of fire alight on the heads of the believers (See Acts 2)
"When the day of Pentecost arrived, they were all together in one place. And suddenly there came from heaven a sound like a mighty rushing wind, and it filled the entire house where they were sitting. And divided tongues as of fire appeared to them and rested on each one of them. And they were all filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak in other tongues as the Spirit gave them utterance."
Pentecost Banner 2
The Dove, representing the Holy Spirit hovers over Sword of the Spirit (See Ephesians 6) emanating out of the Crucifix. VDMA - "The Word of the Lord Endures Forever" was the battle cry of the Reformation. It is shown in the Sword, together with the open Bible showing the Alpha and Omega, symbolic of Christ, the beginning and the end (Revelation 22).
"For the word of God is living and active, sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing to the division of soul and of spirit, of joints and of marrow, and discerning the thoughts and intentions of the heart." Hebrews 4:12
Heavyweight poplin fabric that is very durable, and fully hemmed with two pole pockets at the top and bottom. It retains its vibrant color and shape whilst also being abrasion, chlorine, and pilling resistant over many years, especially if handled with care. This fabric may be hand washed and steamed.
- It is recommended to use a 1 1/8 dowel for the pole pockets at the top and bottom.
- Dowels are easily available from any of the home improvement stores and Ace Hardware. Select dowels that are straight!
- Sanding with 320 grit sandpaper will prevent any snagging when you slide the dowels into the pole pockets.
- Cut the dowels to the width of the selected banner.
- Insert self-tapping stainless steel eye screws at each end - 3/32" x 7/8" should be adequate.
- Hang the banners with 2.5 mm paracord in a color that most closely matches the hanging wall.
- After cutting the paracord to size, burn the ends with a lighter for a short time to prevent fraying.
- Knot the paracord to the eyelets and adjust the length until both banners are hanging at the same height.