Ad Crucem Titulus in Wood
The titulus is the inscription prepared by Pontius Pilate for the crucifixion of Jesus. Pilate wrote,"Jesus of Nazareth, The King of the Jews" in three languages: Hebrew, Latin, and Greek.
- Made from well-aged reclaimed wood (currently Douglas Fir from a reclaimed barn in the Aspen, CO area. Wood availability is a problem and may result in delays or changes.)
- Comes with a weather-resistant natural tung oil treatment that can be renewed every 4-5 years to maintain the product.
- External mounting fixtures can be customized.
- Made from solid wood (usually African Mahogany or American (Black) Cherry).
- Finished with natural tung oil for a durable and long-lasting finish.
- Comes with keyhole mounts to allow flush wall mounting.
Outdoor titulus: approximately 17" x 10" x 1" (this is reclaimed wood and sizes vary as do finishes. Some nail holes and weathering is to be expected. The wood we prefer is well aged and seasoned Douglas Fir from reclaimed barns in Colorado).
- Indoor titulus:
- Small: American Cherry OR Hard Maple, approximately 12" x 6" x 0.75".
Large: African Mahogany, approximately 17" x 10" x 7/8".
JESUS OF NAZARETH, THE KING OF THE JEWS.
Then many of the Jews read this title, for the place where Jesus was crucified was near the city; and it was written in Hebrew, Greek, and Latin."John 19:17-20